I'm honored to be Cole's Library Media Teacher. I have worked professionally with students in the Eastside Union School District since 1986. . .first as an instructional aide for two years, then as a 5th and 6th grade teacher for about a decade. I have been the Library Media Teacher since 1999.
My mission as a teacher is to foster the joy of reading, support lifelong learning, and ensure that students are effective and ethical users of ideas and information. I teach standards-based digital and information literacy skills, including library, information, research, and Internet skills as defined by the California Department of Education's Model School Library Standards. The Model School Library Standards are designed so that students learn to access, evaluate, use, and integrate print and electronic information, enabling them to make responsible decisions in a knowledge-based economy and technologically oriented society.
At Cole Library, we also connect great kids with great books!
- Master of Arts in Education/School Library and Information Technology, Fresno Pacific University
- Supplemental Special Class Authorization in Information Literacy, Digital Literacy, and Digital Citizenship, Fresno Pacific University
- Library Media Teacher Services Credential, Fresno Pacific University
- Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, Chapman University
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Child Development and Family Relations, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Google Level 1 Certified Educator